During 2013, an Interim Constitution for the national movement was approved. The key principles are that the structure should be as simple and non-hierarchical as possible and Diocesan Groups should proceed at their own pace and develop their own structures.
The Diocesan Groups are based in the 22 Dioceses of England & Wales. Their main task is:-
- To promote ACTA across their dioceses.
- To increase support from clergy, religious and lay people.
- To identify, pursue and develop local opportunities and structures for dialogue at parish, deanery and diocesan levels.
- To elect delegates to a National Delegate Council.
The role of the National Delegate Council (NDC) is:
- To formulate policy on common issues.
- To decide on national initiatives.
- To support and facilitate the work of the Diocesan Groups.
The Leadership Team are responsible to the NDC for:
- providing collective leadership and direction.
- representing the movement nationally.